Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Test----Bone Marrow Aspiration BMA

The Test----Bone Marrow Aspiration BMA

Well, I did not know what to expect and even as the nurse and the doctor talked me through it, I was still kind of in a shock mode.  The doctor told me that it would sting a little, but I would not have much pain. He inserted this long needle into my hip and gently started pushing it further in as the nurse kept asking me if was ok.  I kept telling her I was ok partly because I thought I was and partly because I did not know what else to say.  This bone marrow test would also include a part of the bone being chipped away This is an excerpt from my book; read all about what happened next----HERE

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth,

    What an amazing story of perseverance! I found your blog searching for CML resources and would like to add it to our blog directory (link below) so that others dealing with CML can learn from your experiences. However, I wanted to get your permission first. Please contact me at nickv@navigatingcancer.com if you’d like me to add it to our directory.

    Take Care,
    Nick
    https://www.navigatingcancer.com/explore/leukemia/blogs

    ReplyDelete